Sister of Budweiser Casket man: I gave him what he asked for | Events
MARINGOUIN, LA -- “It all worked out beautiful,’ says Jackie Wesley. “I gave him what he asked for.”
Indeed. Jackie Wesley is describing her brother’s unique funeral services in Maringouin, Louisiana which has made national news. Leon Wesley was buried in a Budweiser casket on Saturday, Sept. 8. He requested the specially-made casket because Budweiser was his favorite drink.
WAFB Channel 9 aired a story about it on Friday, Sept. 7.
“I’ve been getting calls from friends from New York, Tennessee, Houston, and India,” Wesley tells 9News Neighborhoods. “They say I’m putting Maringouin on the map.”
Budweiser was dominant throughout the funeral services. The family wore Budweiser T-shirts. The flower spray will filled with beer and a red cups which he normally drink out of. A local company donated the T-shirts along with 20 cases of beer, Wesley said.
Leon whose nickname was Bin Laden died on Sept. 2 after battling prostate cancer. Wesley who runs a funeral home promised to honor his dying wish.
Upcoming Events near Iberville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- LSU Police release name, picture of rape suspect
- Two Plaquemine business owners donate thousands of dollars to St. Vincent de Paul
- Deputies: Woman resisting arrest gets tazed, pepper sprayed, calls 911
- Man found hiding under bed after allegedly trying to drown his ex-wife
- LSU fans begin making plans for the trip to Tampa